Watching us on Twitch
If the lobby is full or you don't have time to watch the whole set, checking us out on Twitch is the easiest way to catch some of the stream. Also consider joining the Discord server so you don't miss any of our future events!
Connecting without Virtual Reality
If you do not have a VR setup you can still easily connect to the server. Just simply perform the following steps:
- Download & launch Garry's Mod
- Click the “options” button
- Click the ~ key (below escape)
- Type this in the console that pops up:
You should now begin the process of connecting to the server. We have a bunch of custom models (as well as our custom maps) so the process may take a few minutes. Currently, the estimated size of all downloads is 150MiB. Once connected, you can press the “F1” key or use the pop-up dialog box to change your player model. There's a ton to choose from!
Enabling Virtual Reality in GMod (optional)
If you have a Virtual Reality HMD or Windows Mixed-reality setup this is the prefered way to connect and experience the music and atmosphere. First, launch SteamVR using your headset. Of course this procedure is headset-dependent, but you can play Steam games with nearly every headset avaialble (e.g. I game with an Oculus Quest, anything is possible!)
- Download and unzip Catse's VRMod Files
- Move the contents of the "\install\GarrysMod" folder from Catse's stuff into your Garry's Mod folder (C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Garrys Mod\garrysmod normally)
- This enables you to play Garry's Mod in VR
- Launch Garry's Mod and then launch SteamVR
With SteamVR launched, follow the steps to connect to the server (under the Connecting without Virtual Reality header). You will do this on your computer. Once you are connected to the server, pick a player model and:
- Press “F2” to launch the VRMod control panel
- Press “Start VR” to begin rendering to your headset
- If you do not see the panel, please ensure that you unzipped Catse's VRMod files to the correct location (i.e. the root of your Garrys Mod folder)
The bindings will be different for every controller, however, just click around and try it out! If you have any trouble, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and I can (probably) help you out.
The server will also be open for a few days leading up to events for you to test all this out, as well!